The new school year opens a gate to new experiences, new relationships, new knowledge, and new skills. Dive into the exciting opportunities that ATHENA offers you this season.
- 7th International Conference on Physics of Two-Dimensional Crystals (ICP2DC) in Tirana, Albania, 18/09 – 22/09. The conference is organized by the University of Niccolò Cusano in collaboration with the Mediterranean Institute of Fundamental Physics. More information here.
For students and staff:
- BLENDED INTENSIVE PROGRAMME: Sustainability summer school in Vilnius, Lithuania, physical mobility 25/09 – 29/09, virtual mobility 18/09 – 22/09. Teachers, students and practitioners are invited to participate in this summer school. Teachers are invited to deliver sustainability related courses in online sessions and to supervise group works during on-site session. Practitioners and business partners are invited to provide problem-based cases to be solved during the summer school. Scholarships are available for students and teachers from ATHENA partner universities. More information here.
- ATHENA Technology Forum in Sitia, Crete, 25/09 – 29/09. Sitia, a captivating jewel nestled on the northeastern coast of the enchanting Greek island of Crete, beckons travellers with its timeless allure and natural beauty! The main topics of the forum include: Nutrition – Dietetics, Health and Technologies; Industry 4.0; Universities Networking. More information here.
- IRO-HMU Erasmus Days, online, 09/10 – 14/10. The focus? The Internationalisation of Higher Education from a student’s perspective. With the participation of ESN International, ESN Greece, ESN ATHENA, and a dynamic panel of student speakers, we’re in for an insightful discussion. They’ll be sharing their experiences and offering valuable suggestions on how we can further enhance university internationalisation.More information here.
- BLENDED INTENSIVE PROGRAMME: Sustainable Entrepreneurship in Klagenfurt, Austria, physical mobility 16/10 – 21/10, virtual mobility 05/10 – 12/10 and 31/10. Teams of students from Austria and from all over the Alps-Adriatic region, as well as from Barcelona and ATHENA countries, will develop business ideas embedding sustainability and the SDGs. This cross-border collaboration does not only contribute to the entrepreneurial mindset of the students, but also strengthens their consciousness about sustainability and helps them develop intercultural and language skills. More information here. Registration here. 10 places have been reserved for participants from ATHENA.
- BLENDED INTENSIVE PROGRAMME: Diversity in the Digitized World – Challenges and Opportunities for (Re)establishing Social Justice in Carinthia, Austria, physical mobility 23/10 – 27/10, virtual mobility 02/10 – 20/10. The objectives of the BIP are for students to work internationally in inter and transdisciplinary teams on the one hand, and to acquire multi-professional perspectives on the other. The BIP is about critically reflecting on diversity in the digitalised world in order to discuss, in a further step, the challenges and possibilities that can contribute to the (re)establishing of social justice through digitalisation. The aim is to develop a vision of how social justice can be achieved through digitalisation, based on the students’ personal interest in knowledge. More information here.
- BLENDED INTENSIVE PROGRAMME – WINTER SCHOOL: DEVOS – DEVeloping Outstanding Sustainable Entrepreneurship Competencies in Carinthia, Austria, 16/10–31/10. The purpose of this course is to develop exceptional and sustainable business competencies based on the “Global case study challenge” programme. More information soon here.
For students and staff:
- Global Case Study Challenge. This is an innovative, high-impact career-oriented teaching and learning virtual exchange (VE) project, providing educators and students with invaluable experience in intercultural, international and virtual interaction. Focusing on intercultural, digital communication and sustainability competencies, this virtual exchange programme showcases how new virtual models of teaching and learning within real-world contexts can support the development of new global and future-oriented work competencies. Educators are the ones who sign up and then join with their The educators will then have an onboarding meeting with the GCSC organisation team. The program spans over an 8-week period, between October and early December. More information here, here and here. Interested educators can register here.
- Seminar series on the job markets in the different regions/countries, online, 09/11 – 30/11. More information soon.
- BLENDED INTENSIVE PROGRAMME: Winter school of Sound and Vision 2.0: Immersive music video creation in Vilnius, Lithuania, physical mobility 20/11 – 24/11, virtual mobility 13/11 – 17/11. This winter school offers a unique opportunity for students to develop filming, editing, cinematographic lighting, sound recording, design, and other important skills in video and sound content creation. More information here.
All year long
For students and staff:
- “ATHENA Talks”– regular online scientific conversations with leading scientists from around the world. Wide range of topics from physics, semiconductors, biomaterials to policy making & internationalization. A new topic & speaker is announced each week on ATHENA website & Facebook page. For more information on upcoming participants in advance, press here. Register here.
For funding opportunities, please contact the International Relations Office at your home university.
ATHENA European University offers ongoing mobility and development opportunities for every member of the community – from students to employees! To learn more about the possibilities offered by ATHENA, subscribe to the newsletter, follow ATHENA on social networks and visit the ATHENA website regularly.h