Joint forces in research and educational projects can foster research quality and impact as well as boost your skills and competitiveness – so do not hesitate and dive into various possibilities that ATHENA can offer for you.
- Blended Intensive Programmes (BIP) for staff and students. BIPs are innovative initiatives for students and staff training that combine a short-term physical mobility and virtual collaboration. The duration of the physical component lasts 5 to 30 days and the virtual component does not have a time limit.
- ATHENA soft skills academy. 6 March – 31 May online, 15-20 May in Chania, Greece. More info can be found here. More mobility opportunities to be announced soon!
- ATHENA Research book vol 2. ATHENA research book is an annual book published by the ATHENA European University. This book provides a platform that promotes joint and interdisciplinary research projects of both advanced and early-career researchers. Papers can be submitted until 5 May.
- ATHENA International week. International week that will take place 15-19 May in Chania, Crete. The week will be hosted by the Department of Electronic Engineering of HMU in Chania, Greece. Register here.
- ATHENA Talks. Every Friday at 10:00 a.m. CET everyone can join in a scientific conversation with leading scientists from around the world. More info can be found here.
- Visiting Researcher Programme. University of Orléans and Le Studium Loire Valley offer awards for periods of 2 to 12 months with full housing support and integration into the LE STUDIUM scientific community. The programme is open to experienced international researchers, working in a University of the ATHENA consortium, in all disciplines (except research directly linked to military applications). Read more here.
- Networking events. At our network meetings, we bring together companies and researchers from our universities. These meetings serve to deepen existing partnerships and to establish new contacts.
Upcoming networking events:
- Hannover Messe, 17 – 21 April 2023. Coordinated by University of Siegen, five ATHENA partner universities will showcase different exhibits on IoT, robotics, and smart sensing at the joint booth of the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Action and Energy of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Orléans, April 2023. A two-day event for companies from the field of IoT and mechatronics.
- Rome, 2 May 2023. A networking event with local companies. The morning session includes presentations from business representatives while visits to local companies are arranged in the afternoon.
- Vilnius, June 2023.
- Vigo, September 2023.
- Heraklion, TBD. Food industry and sustainable food technologies will be at the centre of a networking event at Hellenic Mediterranean University. This event will feature invited experts from the fields of cybersecurity, logistics, and packaging materials, as well as guests from RUFORUM.
- Job openings. Check our website for new job offers from all partner universities! Current openings are:
- Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Computer Graphics at University of Siegen
- Full PhD Position in Computer Graphics at University of Siegen
- Cooperation in research. Working together can build synergies between the member universities and stakeholders, foster research quality and impact, boost the competitiveness of the submitted proposals and attract funds to support programmes. We have various cooperation possibilities for our researchers from member universities.
Stay in tune with ATHENA news – sign up for the newsletter, follow ATHENA on social media and regularly check our website for more.