Learn all about pursuing doctoral and postdoctoral paths in Germany. The event covers key aspects such as prerequisites, funding options, project dynamics, employment possibilities, academic career strategies, and comparative insights.
There are glossy websites and booklets about how to complete your doctoral degree or advance your postdoc career in Germany (even a few in English); some of them are actually quite good. But very often a lot of necessary implicit knowledge is missing: knowledge which is known to most professional actors and stakeholders, but not spelt out (sometimes due to a lack of political correctness) and thus often remains unknown to outsiders, including incoming or visiting doctoral and postdoctoral researchers.
This event will try to close this information gap:
- What are the preconditions for a successful doctoral project in Germany?
- What are the options for financing a doctoral project in Germany?
- How does a doctoral project work in the various disciplines?
- What are the possibilities for employment within the university system and outside of it in Germany?
- How can one make a success of an academic career beyond the doctorate in Germany?
- How does the German system with its career paths compare to other academic systems?
There will be a short presentation of essential points followed by a discussion of participants’ questions. Mark your calendars for Tuesday, November 7, 2023, from 14:00 to 15:30 CET. The event will be held in English online via Webex hosted by the Welcome Center at the International Office, House of Young Talents.
Please register using our registration form available at www.uni-siegen.de/hyt/registration/