The Knowledge and Technology Transfer Office at the University of Maribor is preparing a webinar APLIK:UM Innovation – Boosting cooperation between EU and Africa as part of the PrAEctiCe, Enterprise Europe Network and ATHENA European University projects.
The event will take place on Friday, 15.09.2023, between 10.00 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. CET, via link that can be found HERE.
Good practices of cooperation between Europe and Africa will be presented at the event, with special emphasis on the protection of intellectual property, the role of innovation incubators and the promotion of entrepreneurship in the context of various projects and initiatives, which will be presented by prof. dr. Domen Mongus from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Maribor, Nancy Samuriwo from the Samuriwo Attorneys and Richard Zulu, representative of the Outbox Hub organization.
- 10.00 – 10.05: Greetings and Introduction (dr. Tina Mesarič, TTO UM)
- 10.05 – 10.15: “PrAEctiCe makes perfect” – agroecological transition of African smallholder farmers in the framework of a Horizon project (prof. dr. Domen Mongus, FERI UM)
- 10.15 – 10.45: Intellectual Property in Africa: Fostering innovation and business (Nancy Samuriwo, Samuriwo Attorneys)
- 10.45 – 11.15: The role of innovation hubs in furthering entrepreneurship and innovation – the story of Outbox Hub (Richard Zulu, Outbox Hub)
- 11.15 – 11.25: Enterprise Europe Network: 15 years supporting businesses with international ambitions (Doroteja Novak, TTO UM)
- 11.25 – 11.30: Closing remarks (dr. Tina Mesarič, TTO UM)
You are cordially invited.